The Limestone Local of the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario is a professional federation advancing the cause of publicly funded education and fostering the professional well-being of its members.
ETFO priorities are:
- To protect the collective bargaining rights of all members.
- To defend publicly funded public education.
- To serve the needs of the membership.
- To provide for the professional development of members.
- To promote social justice in the areas of anti-poverty, non-violence, and equity.
- To support international assistance and co-operation.
- To promote the care and protection of the environment.
- To actively engage members in the federation.
- To promote and protect the health and safety of members.
The Limestone Local is comprised of approximately 825 elementary teachers employed by the Limestone District School Board. We educate over 14,000 students in 52 worksites.
Our Local Executive, who are elected at the Annual Meeting held every second year, meets monthly to conduct the business of the Union. We encourage ETFO Limestone members to participate in the work of standing committees. Committees report to the executive monthly. Each workplace site elects a Steward to act as a liaison between the Executive of the Limestone Teachers’ Local, ETFO Provincial Office and the members at each site. Union / Steward Meetings are held during each term and as required by the local.